The University of Iowa

University Business Manager

  • Rental/Leases of Property – Any transactions related to the rental or lease of real property must be routed thru the Business Manager for approval.
  • Faculty & Staff Moving – Units may provide reimbursement of moving expenses for new faculty and staff.  (In contrast, transition and relocation payments are considered taxable income and processed via HR Special Compensation “Employee Agreement – Transition & Relocation”.)
  • Contract Signing Process (for non-goods or service purchases) – Units are not authorized to sign any contracts on behalf of the University without approval of the President.